Sunday, June 19, 2016

His Little Girl

Ezra Taft Benson once said, "Great fathers lead their children to Christ." In my life I have been blessed to have that kind of father. Throughout my entire life my Dad has been teaching me, helping me, and guiding me. I couldn't be more grateful for him.


 My Dad knows how to enjoy the little moments in life. I remember several moments as a kid when he would take a break from whatever he was working on just to spend time doing something fun with us. He has a wonderful sense of humor and can get me to laugh and have a more positive outlook on life even when I feel like crying.
When I want to quit he always tells me I can, but then reminds me why I don't want to. He has always encouraged me and helped me along the way to achieving my goals.
It has been said that one of the best things a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother. I am grateful that I have seen everyday how much Dad loves Mom. It is evident in all that he does. They have been the example for their children of how to love. We have always known that God comes first for them, then each other, and then us.
 I am profoundly grateful for all the times he has been there. We joke about it sometimes, but one of my favorite things to do is go for a car ride with Dad. We just talk. I received some incredible counsel from him in those moments and by taking time to talk, I always knew he cared.

 My Dad loves God. I have never had a doubt about the way he feels about the gospel. I was blessed to regularly hear his testimony. He has always taken the time to teach me and to make sure that I understand what the gospel means to him. He has led by example and showed me what it means to make and keep covenants with God.
He has exemplified for me what it means to serve those around us and to serve God. I remember my dad taking me with him on service projects, taking the time to teach me how to help, and reminding me why we did those things. I remember countless times that my parents went to the temple or were gone for hours attending church meetings or visiting someone that needed help.
Several years ago, while talking with my dad about the gospel, he told me that "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" is one of his favorite songs. That is what I see in him every day. A continuous effort to be more like our Savior. An effort to love and to serve.
Thank you, Daddy! Thank you for leading me, teaching me, and loving me. Thank you for believing in me and always reminding me of what I can do. I love you Daddy! I am so grateful that I have been and always will be your little girl.







Happy Fathers Day Daddy!


No comments: